The muffin tasted really good.
It was moist and not too sweet. The slightly sour taste of the kiwi added a twist to the banana muffin.
My only complain is the look. The muffins looked very good in the oven... nice and puffy... But they shrinked after getting out of the oven, so the muffin tops had wrinkles.
Banana and Kiwi Muffins
(original recipe from Food.com)
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup vanilla yogurt
6 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large ripe bananas , mashed
3 ripe kiwi , chopped into small cubes
- Combine the first 6 ingredients (DRY) in a large mixing bowl; set aside.
- Mix yogurt, milk, oil, egg, vanilla and mashed bananas together in a smaller bowl until well-combined (WET).
- Add WET mixture to the DRY mixture, mix until just combined (DO NOT OVERMIX) - lumps are ok.
- Now stir in chopped kiwi gently.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 375°F or 180°C for 25-30mins (mini muffins take about 20mins).
- Cool in pan for 10mins, then remove and cool thoroughly on wire rack.