Friday, August 31, 2007

Red eye again... part 2

I went to see family doctor yesterday. According to him, my red eye is not Conjunctivitis. It is the same as last time: Pupil Infection.

My family doctor even said that the eye drops given to me by walk-in clinic doctor was useless.

Just like last time, my family doctor gave me 2 eye drops:
  1. Cyclogyl (1 drop twice daily)
  2. Maxidex (1 drop 4 times a day)

When I look at my left eye in the mirror this morning, my left eye pupil is 5 to 6 times the size of my right eye pupil. Cyclogyl causes my pupil to be soooooo big.

According to drugs.com site, Cyclogyl is used for dilating the eye before an exam or surgery and preventing the eye from focusing. Cyclogyl is an anticholinergic agent. It works by relaxing the muscle of the eye to cause the pupil to dilate or widen. Maxidex is used to treat eye inflammation caused by infections, injury, surgery, or other conditions.

I have to see doctor again on Sat. Hopefully, my left eye will be 100% fully recovered on Sat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MAXIDEX WARNING

I had eye surgery and in the post-op pack was MAXIDEX(dexamethasone) drops by ALCON LABS.

Two days later I was BLIND

Use Google and enter EPOCRATES MAXIDEX to verify

Lucy Elliott said...

i've got the same thing as you - but two days into treatment am responding well - despite me looking like I have a cat's eye!!