Monday, July 6, 2009

Yeah Show 2009 世界變

I've finished watching 林以諾牧師's Yeah Show 2009 DVD.
This year's message is: World keeps changing... We'll need God's power and grace to change to become better

Overall, I think the show is very good, but not as good as previous Yeah Shows. I think Yeah Show 2009 is more like a talk show (棟篤笑) than preaching show. Pastor Lam talks about problems in Hong Kong. He is funny, but those things that he talks about doesn't directly related to God. I think he should talk more about God.

Things that I remember about the show:

#1
If you see a guy and a girl finish eating in a restaurant, and...
  • the guy takes the bill, pays without looking, and gives a big tip --> It means the guy is trying to pursue the girl.
  • the guy takes the bill and looks before paying --> It means the love relationship between them has started.
  • the guy takes the bill and says that it's expensive --> It means their relationship is very steady.
  • the guy takes the bill and then give it to the girl for paying --> It means the girl is his wife.

#2
Pastor Lam talks about some writings on a gravestone in England.
(From web, the writings is from an unknown monk in 1100 A.D.)

When I was a young man, I wanted to change the world. I found it was difficult to change the world, so I tried to change my nation. When I found I couldn’t change the nation, I began to focus on my town. I couldn’t change the town and as an older man, I tried to change my family.

Now, as an old man, I realize the only thing I can change is myself, and suddenly I realize that if long ago I had changed myself, I could have made an impact on my family. My family and I could have made an impact on our town. Their impact could have changed the nation and I could indeed have changed the world.

This is very meaningful. If you want to change the world, you must first change yourself.


#3
I like the Yeah Show 2009 theme song. It is a very beautiful song.

世界變

天空的飛鳥,不耕種也不收,
祢也恆常保祐。
地上的鮮花不吃苦、不紡線,
卻按祢心意盛開。

青草冬霜裡,枯死了有幾多?
祢也全然妝飾。
地上的高低起跌,主都一一知道,
誰在意,這刻天空正下雨?!

人在祢愛裡比這些一切矜貴,
何以手執擔憂始終不會放低?
尋覓祢的面,必得相見,
今天我單單仰望祢。

就算世界變,面對狂雷和暴雨,
就是地動也山搖,唯獨祢,仍沒有轉動影兒。
就算世界變,十架恩典從未變!
滄海儘管有日變桑田,
人在那低谷之處,生天已望見!

藏在祢應許深處,恩典已遇見。

No comments: