Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Earthquake hits Toronto

I can't believe it... An earthquake hit Toronto and Brampton...

A magnitude 5.5 earthquake hit central Canada around 1:43 p.m. EDT.
People in Toronto, Brampton, Ottawa, etc. felt it.

I personally didn't feel the earthquake. It must be really minor.
Only a small percentage of people in our Brampton office felt the shake.

I was messaging a co-worker working in Toronto. When he told me that there was an earthquake, I thought he meant company earthquake... "layoffs".  Then, I found out that his 2 stories glass building was actually shaking. Wow... scary!

Wen (working downtown) also felt it.  It lasted for 30 sec.


May be earth is giving a welcoming shake for the world leaders going to G20 and G8 submit...   hahahaha... :D


Latest info
@ 2:25pm
The 5.5-magnitude earthquake was centered 49 km north from Cumberland, Ontario.
Click here to see roughly where Cumberland is.

@ 2:53pm
The U.S. Geological Survey has downgraded the earthquake to 5.0. The quake was centered 61 kilometres north from Ottawa. No aftershocks are likely, according to a University of Toronto geology professor, Pierre Robin.

No comments: