Thursday, October 25, 2012

Word Clouds

What is Word Cloud?
It's basically a visual representation of words and their frequencies.  The more a particular word appears within a context, the bigger the word is.

I wanted to see what kind of words appear in my blog most often.
So, I looked around for a free online word cloud generator and found 2 that I think are the best:
  1. Wordle
  2. Word It Out
(I didn't spend a lot of time on my search so there could be other better ones.)

When I enter my blog address to generate word cloud, both site give me different results. 
According to Wordle, the most frequent words are teaspoon, onion, recipe, etc.
According to Word It Out, the most frequent words are went, like, lake, teaspoon, etc.
I wonder how each site look for words.
Anyway, I think Word It Out is closer to what I think is the word frequencies in my blog.
However, Wordle has a nicer graphical representation of words.


My site from Wordle:


My site from Word It Out:





No comments: