Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sound of Rain

When I think about the sound of rain, I often imagine a relaxing sound that can put me to sleep.

Well... That's not always the case...
For some strange reasons, I woke up at 3:30am last night. I was twisting and turning and wasn't able to go back to sleep. I was very tired, but I just couldn't fall asleep again.
I had to go to work the next day... but the more I wanted to go to sleep, it seems the more awake I was.
I hoped the sound of rain outside would help me out, but... the rain sounds more like unpleasing noise than smoothing music. I was even blaming the rain for keeping me awake.
I finally felt asleep again around 6am.

It's funny to see how we react to the same thing differently when we are in different moods.
Last night, I hated the sound of rain.
At other times, I would probably enjoy the sound and just relaxingly stared at the raining scene.

No comments: