After searching in the web, this is the method that I use to install IIS on Win XP SP3:
- Download Windows XP SP3 patch from The Software Patch
- Open the downloaded exe file using winRAR and extract the files to a local folder (folderX)
- Download the IIS 5.1 required files from AP Dubey tech corner and extract the files to a local folder (folderY) [I guess I could've used all files from this site, but since this site is for Win XP SP2, I've decided to use SP3 patch files if the file exists in SP3 patch.]
- Go to Control Panel from Start menu in your computer
- Double click Add or Remove Programs
- Select Add/Remove Windows Components on the left
- In the Windows Components wizard window, put a check mark beside IIS and click Next.
- When prompt for "staxmem.dl_" file, use the browse button to find it in
- When prompt for "adsutil.vbs" file, use the browse button to find it in [folderX]
- When prompt for other files, you'll find them in
After installation is completed, you can open IIS by:
- Go to Control Panel from Start menu
- Double click Administrative Tools
- Double click Internet Information Services
The default web publishing directory for IIS is:
Copy your personal web pages to this folder.
IIS will search for the default page in the following sequence by default:
You can change the name and sequence of default document.
If all setup is completed, you should see your site using following URL in your browser.