Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Mont Blanc cake

After seeing doctor during lunch, I felt like having a piece of cake. So, I went to J-Town. J-Town's Asia Green Tea cake and Chocolate Tiramisu cake are very good, but I tried another one this time: Mont Blanc cake.

Mont Blanc is a chestnut cake. This cake is very good too, even though it is a little bit too sweet for me. It would be good to eat with coffee, because I drink coffee with cream only.... Sweet cake and bitter coffee are a perfect match!! :)

Mont Blanc cake has nine layers:
1st/top layer: chestnut paste
2nd layer: cake
3rd layer: whipped cream
4th layer: chestnut paste
5th layer: cake
6th layer: custard like cream
7th layer: chestnut chunks
8th layer: chestnut paste
9th/bottom layer: coconuts

I have tried chestnut cake at many stores, but this is the one place where the cake actually has chestnut chunks in it!! :)

I think the cake also contains rum too, but I am not 100% sure...

I am looking forward to try another cake from J-Town next time... ;-)

-------
Bakery Nakamura
http://www.japantown.ca/nakamura/menu_e.html















The 3rd one is Asia Green Tea cake. The last one is Chocolate Tiramisu cake.

No comments: