Monday, July 2, 2007

Toronto Ribfest

I went to the Toronto Ribfest today...


Toronto Ribfest is the largest Canada Day celebration, which held over the long weekend at Centennial Park in Etobicoke. It has live music, BBQ ribs, beer tents, and carnival rides for Children, etc.

Since it is the "Rib" festival, there are 12 Ribbers selling ribs. Their booths line up side-by-side in the park. This is the first time that I see so many rib booths!! The smell of BBQ ribs spreads across the whole park...




And of course, all ribbers have placed their awards in front of their booth to show off...


Since this is my first time going to Ribfest, I don't know which ribber is good. So, I've decided to follow the crowd. Out of all those ribbers, I notice that 2 ribbers have the longest line-up:
Turtle Jack's and Crabby's BBQ

In the end, Turtle Jack's was picked...
Turtle Jack's rib was good but a little bit dry...
Since this was a mass production, I guess I can't expect too much...




Other than ribs, there are other booths selling ice-creams, funnel cake, corns, lemonade, etc.
How can I miss the funnel cake?
I haven't had a funnel cake for a long time since I haven't been to Wonderland for a long time...


Since there were many people at the festival, every booth had a long line-up.
I noticed something interesting while waiting in the lines.

One booth had a few licence plates with short-form writings on it.
Can you guess what they are in long form?


Well... Here are my guesses:
DNT B SY CM TRI => Don't be shy! Come try!
GR8 CKN => Good Chicken? (I am not really sure about this one.)
C MILE UR N CMRA => Smile! You're on camera!

Also, there was a ribber called "Bad Wolf".


"Bad Wolf" is an interesting name since this gives a new ending to the "Three Little Pigs" fairy tale:

Once upon a time there was a mother pig who had three little pigs. Mother Pig sent her three little piglets out into the world to live on their own.

The first little pig built a house of straw, but a wolf blew it down and turned the pig into ribs.

The second pig built a house of wood, but the wolf also blew it down and turned the pig into ribs.

The third pig built a house of brick. The wolf somehow entered the house and turned the pig into ribs as well.

The end.

Do you like the new Three Little Pigs story??

No comments: